Posts Tagged ‘cott conroy’
latest Romney howler: “Romney said that he doesn’t spend his nights worrying about the taxes wealthy people pay and is instead concerned about modest and middle-income families”
December 24, 2007 in 2008, campaign communications, campaign literature, conservatism, election 2008, GOP, media, mitt romney, policy, republicans, rhetoric, romney, stupidity, the dark soul of Mitt Romney, triumph of unreason
Tags: buffoonery, cbsnews.com, class, class warfare, cott conroy, formerly conservative NRO, from the road, NRO, wealth
… so writes Scott Conroy in a CBS From the Road post titled Romney: A Compassionate Conservative?
Romney is worth upwards of US$250 million dollars. So when Romney refers to “wealthy people,” precisely to whom does the troubled candidate refer?
This may be the logical question. The political question would be why the super-wealthy CEO, Romney, suddenly wants to sound like a populist. Here would be the answer. Please note how the WSJ perceives Gov. Huckabee—both the man and the message—as a legitimate expression of the concerns of the Republican base, unlike the gibbering goofballs at the formerly conservative NRO.
willard milton romney
- Knepper of race42008.com: “During the week that Romney dropped out of the race, his favorability rating, according to Gallup, was -12!”
- the maddeningly inarticulate kevin madden—late of the dire and disastrous Romney campaign—to work for Glover Park Group
- now dispersed former Team Romney hacks and hirelings can’t let it go
- Globe Staff: Romney put in at least $42.3 million of his own money, a big chunk of the $97 million he spent on the campaign
- John Ellis: [Romney] “was terribly served by his campaign staff and advisors—I would argue that they win the worst campaign team of 2008—Good riddance to them—They had everything they needed to make a good run and they made a complete hash of it”
- Limbaugh, Ingraham, Bennett, Prager, Beck, Hannity, Levin, and Hewitt plan concerted attack on Sen. McCain over the airwaves to promote Romney's candidacy
- Dr. Don Wilton comes to his senses: retracts endorsement of Romney---this is the same Wilton that Justin Hart boasted of in his mymanmitt post titled The Ability to Execute
- Terry Sullivan, campaign manager for Romney for President S.C., of "Phoney Fred" fame, re-emerges in connection with state senate candidate Shane Massey, allegedly yet another pro-abortion, liberal Republican who wants to cross-dress as a pro-life conservative
- yet another morally, even logically inconsistent Romney advisor: introducing General "Spider" Marks
- 38,654 hits
categories that we use2008 analysis argument Blogroll campaign communications campaign communiques campaign finance campaign literature campaign management centrism conservatism dotan election election 2008 Evangelicals gaffs and pratfalls GOP incompetence Iowa Iraq media mitt romney obama perelman policy polls republicans rhetoric romney strategy stupidity the dark soul of Mitt Romney triumph of reason triumph of unreason
tags"the speech" abortion abuse advertising Ames anger AP associated press attacks Bain Capital Boston Globe byron york corruption debate duplicity economy ennui equity-sector evangelicals for mitt eyeon08.com failure Florida foreign policy Geraghty Giuliani Glen Johnson gov. mike huckabee Greg Sargent hatred healthcare Huckabee ideological cross-dresser immigration Iowa Jennifer Rubin jerks jim geraghty John McCain Jonathan Martin Justin Hart kevin madden lies Massachusetts McCain Michael Luo mittwits and mittiots mormonism mormons morons National Review negative negative advertising negative attacks negative campaigning negativity New Hampshire new media New York Times NRO NYT Politico.com race42008.com ROI Rudy Giuliani security Sen. John McCain South Carolina super-duper apocalypse tuesday taxes team romney The Corner Thompson von Schlieffen plan wapo Washington Post
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
willard milton romney on technorati.com, blogpulse.com, DIGG.com, reddit.com, The American Federalist’s Romney Ramblings etc., etc.
- Just a reminder. Romney promised to bring unemployment down to 6% after four years with his economic plan. President Obama just achieved this feat in half the time.
- Ann and Mitt Romney baptized her father, an "avowed atheist", 11 months after he died. He doesn't even respect the basic rights of his father-in-law -- why do people think he'll respect theirs?
- People weren't sure how sincere Mitt Romney was about screwing the poor and middle class, because his positions are so malleable, so he picked Paul Ryan to prove he really means it.
- I'm Shane Smith from VICE and I went to Juarez to meet Mitt Romney's Mexican Mormon family and investigate their war against the drug cartels. Ask Me Anything.
- Conservatives of Reddit, after the RNC, has your opinion changed of Mitt Romney? Why or Why not?
- I think Mitt Romney actually believes he's an entirely self-made man. That kind of delusion is dangerous in a leader.
- For years, Fox and the GOP attacked Obama's past, but now one attack on Romney's past and there is an outrage? Why are they such hypocrites?
- Obama's top 5 contributors are the University of California, Microsoft, Google, DLA Piper and Harvard University. Romney's top 5 contributors are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America and Credit Suisse.
- Romney wants to lower the corporate tax rate from 35% to 15%, eliminate the capital gains tax, eliminate the estate tax, and make the Bush tax cuts permanent.
- Certain factions within the GOP made a HUGE deal about Obama releasing his birth certificate. We need to make an even BIGGER deal about Romney and his refusal to release tax returns.
- Filthy snow piles remain, even as temperatures climb (Steve Annear/BostonGlobe.com)
- The U.S. must do more to help Iraq fight the Islamic State (Washington Post)
- This Gay Teen Deserves An A+ For Her Feminist Yearbook Quote (Taylor Pittman/The Huffington Post)
- Editorial retraction (Marcia McNutt/Science)
- Chuck Blazer, a Soccer Bon Vivant Laid Low (Jeré Longman/New York Times)
- The Ironic Tie Between Elizabeth Warren's Hypocritical Home Flipping and Mitt ... - TheBlaze.com
- First Read: The Romney-fication of Bill and Hillary Clinton - NBCNews.com
- Jeff Greenfield: Jeb Bush's Wealth of Money Problems - New York Observer
- Liz Smith: Mitt Romney, Elizabeth Warren, Madonna and more... - Boston Herald
- George Pataki, Mitt Romney and the Hillary Conundrum - New York Observer
- Can Republicans Avoid the Romney Tax Trap? - New York Times
- Mine owner sues over Utah city's deal with developers, including Josh Romney ... - Salt Lake Tribune
- Romney looks strong for 2016 - The Hill (blog)
- Hillary Clinton emails contain exchange about Romney, Benghazi - Los Angeles Times
- Steve Pagliuca's career path is strikingly similar to Mitt Romney's - Boston.com