Rep. Douglas (R-NH): Romney funded a liberal NH Democrat instead of a NH Republican
October 16, 2007 in 2008, conservatism, election 2008, gaffs and pratfalls, GOP, mitt romney, republicans, romney, stupidity, the dark soul of Mitt Romney, triumph of unreason
Tags: , ideological cross-dresser, John McCain, lies, perfidy, Rep. Chuck Douglas
“On Monday, McCain’s campaign released a statement from former Rep. Chuck Douglas (R-NH) saying: ‘Mitt Romney actively worked to defeat the Republican candidate trying to reclaim my old congressional seat. Therefore, I’m amazed that Romney would claim to represent the Republican wing of the Republican Party — because when Romney had a chance to contribute to a New Hampshire Republican, he chose to fund a liberal New Hampshire Democrat instead.’“—as reported by the estimable Mike Allen in a politico.com transmission titled Romney gets joint drubbing.
We’re shocked, we tell you. Shocked.
willard milton romney
- Knepper of race42008.com: “During the week that Romney dropped out of the race, his favorability rating, according to Gallup, was -12!”
- the maddeningly inarticulate kevin madden—late of the dire and disastrous Romney campaign—to work for Glover Park Group
- now dispersed former Team Romney hacks and hirelings can’t let it go
- Globe Staff: Romney put in at least $42.3 million of his own money, a big chunk of the $97 million he spent on the campaign
- John Ellis: [Romney] “was terribly served by his campaign staff and advisors—I would argue that they win the worst campaign team of 2008—Good riddance to them—They had everything they needed to make a good run and they made a complete hash of it”
- 37,757 hits
categories that we use2008 analysis argument Blogroll campaign communications campaign communiques campaign finance campaign literature campaign management centrism conservatism dotan election election 2008 Evangelicals gaffs and pratfalls GOP incompetence Iowa Iraq media mitt romney obama perelman policy polls republicans rhetoric romney strategy stupidity the dark soul of Mitt Romney triumph of reason triumph of unreason
tags"the speech" abortion abuse advertising Ames anger AP associated press attacks Bain Capital Boston Globe byron york corruption debate duplicity economy ennui equity-sector evangelicals for mitt eyeon08.com failure Florida foreign policy Geraghty Giuliani Glen Johnson gov. mike huckabee Greg Sargent hatred healthcare Huckabee ideological cross-dresser immigration Iowa Jennifer Rubin jerks jim geraghty John McCain Jonathan Martin Justin Hart kevin madden lies Massachusetts McCain Michael Luo mittwits and mittiots mormonism mormons morons National Review negative negative advertising negative attacks negative campaigning negativity New Hampshire new media New York Times NRO NYT Politico.com race42008.com ROI Rudy Giuliani security Sen. John McCain South Carolina super-duper apocalypse tuesday taxes team romney The Corner Thompson von Schlieffen plan wapo Washington Post
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
willard milton romney on technorati.com, blogpulse.com, DIGG.com, reddit.com, The American Federalist’s Romney Ramblings etc., etc.
- Ann and Mitt Romney baptized her father, an "avowed atheist", 11 months after he died. He doesn't even respect the basic rights of his father-in-law -- why do people think he'll respect theirs?
- People weren't sure how sincere Mitt Romney was about screwing the poor and middle class, because his positions are so malleable, so he picked Paul Ryan to prove he really means it.
- I'm Shane Smith from VICE and I went to Juarez to meet Mitt Romney's Mexican Mormon family and investigate their war against the drug cartels. Ask Me Anything.
- Conservatives of Reddit, after the RNC, has your opinion changed of Mitt Romney? Why or Why not?
- I think Mitt Romney actually believes he's an entirely self-made man. That kind of delusion is dangerous in a leader.
- For years, Fox and the GOP attacked Obama's past, but now one attack on Romney's past and there is an outrage? Why are they such hypocrites?
- Obama's top 5 contributors are the University of California, Microsoft, Google, DLA Piper and Harvard University. Romney's top 5 contributors are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America and Credit Suisse.
- Romney wants to lower the corporate tax rate from 35% to 15%, eliminate the capital gains tax, eliminate the estate tax, and make the Bush tax cuts permanent.
- America, please explain to me how Mitt Romney has a chance to win the elections while the whole world knows he is a liar.
- Is anyone else tickled pink to watch the Romneys reel from not being able to get what they want for once in their lives? It’s even sweeter because apparently, they had no idea it was coming.
- Five Outrageous Outbursts By Senate Candidate Steve Stockman (Ben Jacobs/The Daily Beast)
- Costs Still Keep 30% of Americans From Getting Treatment (Alyssa Brown/Gallup)
- Republican Inflation Paranoia Is Political Suicide (Ramesh Ponnuru/Bloomberg)
- It's A Deal! Paul Ryan, Patty Murray Announce Budget Agreement (Sahil Kapur/Talking Points Memo)
- Kerry tells Congress to hold off on new Iran sanctions for now (Tom Cohen/CNN)
- Netflix Picks Up Mitt Romney Documentary - ABC News (blog)
- Ann Romney explains how she handled raising five boys - Fox News
- Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney: TV stars again - Fox News
- Netflix to premiere Mitt Romney documentary - CNN (blog)
- Netflix to Premiere Mitt Romney Doc 'Mitt' - Hollywood Reporter
- Mitt Romney documentary a standout amid Sundance's stars - Salt Lake Tribune
- WWRD: How would Romney have handled 2013? - Death and Taxes
- Giuliani, Cheney, Romney Spotted In Jets' Locker Room After Win - CBS Local
- Romney shares her health scares at gala - U-T San Diego
- Netflix Acquires Documentary on Romney's Two Campaigns for President - NewsBusters (blog)